BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The 1930's

Sometimes, I wish I could have been born in the early 1900's.
For some odd reason, I have a passion and taste for its music back then.
Compared to the crap that's on our radiowaves nowadays.
Its sad to see the pioneers or swing, jazz, big bang, the jitterbug, ragtime and many more fly out the window.
Forgotten, never to be heard of again until someone has the urge to look'em up on youtube.
To be honest, I have no reason to fall in love with the 1900's music.
But as a kid, dad always played the oldies on the cassette player all the time. I grew fond of them.
Thing is, he never played music from the 1930's.
I grew up listening to mostly Neil Diamond, Tony Bennett, The Beatles, Neil Sedaka, John Denver, Lobo,
Edison Lighthouse, Tony Orlando. Heck I have a freaking oldies chord book.
But one song struck my oldies nerve last night.
Oh You Beautiful Doll by Bob Wills.
The song was first played in the year 1912.
Its been almost, 90 years?
I wonder God, should I have been put in the early 1900's?
If given the chance, I would love to go back in time just once in my life to see how great the music scene was before losers and fags took over the scene and turned it into a pile of crap.
Not that I have anything against the current music scene. I just think that our generation should appreciate what was given to us. I know I do.





Forget bout the pin-up girls, the song's the deal.
On another note,
I think im in love.

0 comments: